Test your way into better customer experiences
Workshop: Content Testing Essentials
Find out which content is working. Increase task completion, conversions, and comprehension. Learn both qualitative and quantitative content testing techniques with hands-on exercises. Test your way to success!
Test your way to successful user experiences
Learn why testing is so important
Testing isn’t just for visuals. As content designers, we must learn how to test why and how our content works.
Get hands-on experience
Get hands-on experience with multiple different qualitative and quantitative testing methods.
Measure impact and prove content ROI
Sick of not being able to prove your worth? Learn techniques to prove your content, and the value of content design.
Become a data-driven UX writer and designer
The faster you learn from your users, the more valuable your product—and your work—will become.
What to expect from your workshop
- Applied principles and best practices for content testing
- 5 distinct techniques for testing your content
- How to create usability testing scenarios that reveal what users really think about your content
- How to capture the most relevant discoveries and apply them to designs
You’ll leave with...
- A deep knowledge of how to properly research and measure content
- A best practices understanding of how to measure, coordinate, and synthesize information gained during testing
- An understanding of the best techniques to use during the right situations, and for what purposes
- A guide for creating usability testing sessions that reveal what users really think about your content
- Specific methods for implementing your findings into design, and overcoming political obstacles
Get to know your instructor: Patrick Stafford
Patrick is a cofounder of the UX Content Collective. He is a former Lead Digital Copywriter for MYOB, the largest accounting software provider in Australia, and has consulted with several businesses on UX content strategy.
The workshop takes about a half-day and includes 3-hours of instruction and exercises. It’s a pretty typical format, with lectures followed by breakout practice sessions.
At the end of the workshop, we’ll go through your practice work to share learnings and insights. The instructor will provide feedback and answer any questions you might have about anything we covered.
If you have more questions about workshops from UX Content Collective, please reach out to email@example.com.
Interested in training a team of 10 or more? Get in touch. We’d love to help accelerate your design work.
If you’d like to schedule on a specific day or time for a team of 10 people or more, we can arrange that! Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what you need.