Create better user experiences
Error Messages That Work Every Time
Error messages are critical for user success. Join this 2-hour online workshop and learn how to write copy that guides users, reassures them, and gets them back on track.
Payment plans available, including Affirm.
Sign up one person or a whole team
Get notified when new sessions are added.
Understand the purpose behind error messages
Learn the dos and don’ts
We’ll walk through tons of examples so you have a clear understanding of what to do—and what to avoid.
Get users back on track
You’ll learn the key strategies to creating successful error messages to keep users happily moving through your product.
Plan ahead versus after the fact
Learn strategies for guiding users through complex situations, including explaining details and possibly avoiding an error altogether!
Why take the Error Messages workshop?
- Types of error messages
- How to write errors for form fields
- How to educate in complex scenarios
- How to avoid some error messages altogether
- How to research errors and how to edit in bulk
- How to create consistent, reusable patterns for better user experiences
You’ll leave with...
- A clear understanding of how to write great error messages
- A better grasp of proactive error messaging versus reactive
- Methods for communicating info in complex scenarios
- Knowledge of how to deliver the right message the right way
Get to know your instructor
Julia has 10+ years’ experience making words do the hard work. She conducts research, writes jargon-free copy, and tests (then come the high fives!). She’s an expert in:
- High-level strategy, word-level execution, multi-disciplinary collaboration
- Style guides, end-to-end product content, taxonomy & IA
Julia is published in The New Yorker and McSweeney’s.
Details for your session
The workshop includes 2 hours of instruction and exercises. It’s a pretty typical format, with lectures followed by breakout practice sessions.
At the end of the workshop, we’ll go through your practice work to share learnings and insights. The instructor will provide feedback and answer any questions you might have about anything we covered.
If you have more questions about workshops from UX Content Collective, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in training a team of 10 or more? Get in touch. We’d love to help.
If your team is fewer than 10 people, you can sign up for one of the sessions listed. If you’d like to schedule on a specific day and time for a larger team of 10 or more, we can arrange that! Reach out and let us know what you need.