Designed specifically for technical writers
UX Writing for Technical Writers
Bring priceless UX writing skills to your technical documentation. Earn a certificate in UX writing to support your next career move.
- 100% online and self-paced
- Personal feedback from experts
- Learn Figma and AI tools
- Full price: US $1000
Payment plans available, including Affirm.
Get certified in UX writing best practices
Practice the craft
Learn best practices for user experience writing and content design to craft user-centered guidance for docs or interfaces.
Master UX skills
Add user-centered writing to your already impressive skillset. Get ahead of the curve and get that promotion as a hybrid writer.
Learn UI writing
Master writing for UI components including buttons, alerts, error and success messages, forms, empty states, and more.
Flex your options
Add UX writing examples to your portfolio to stand out from the crowd. Double your options—work in either UX or tech writing.
Learn valuable UX writing and content design skills
What topics are covered in this course?
- How to work within a design team as a UX writer
- A challenging final project in Figma
- Technical and UX writing compared
- How good UX affects documentation
- Technical UX writing principles
- Voice and tone for docs
- Human-centered technical language
- Strategies for doc discovery, research, design and writing
- Best practices for component writing
- Writing guidance elements, user actions, effective communication, and user inputs
- A few extra bits and pieces
- Create a style guide
- Test your text
- UX workflow principles
- UX writing and usability testing
- How to make the case for technical UX writing
Who should take this course?
This course is made with technical writers in mind. If you’re a tech writer who’s interested in applying UX best practices to your work, this course is for you. If you’re a tech writer who is interested in moving into UX writing full-time, consider the Fundamentals of UX Writing.
How long does this course take to complete?
The UX Writing for Technical Writers course typically takes about 40-60 hours to complete.
This course is designed to fit around your schedule. Lessons are available on-demand at any time. There is no live instruction, so you’re free to study whenever you have time.
What else do I get from the course?
- Access to a community Slack, where you can speak with other students and members of the grading team
- Free admission to monthly Q&A sessions
- A personalized portfolio page with a unique URL that verifies which certificates you’ve received
- A spot in our certified UX writers’ directory
- Lifetime access to the course, including any future updates!
Why take this course?
This course offers a priceless foundation in UX writing principles for technical writers:
- Add to your solid technical documentation foundation
- Learn user experience writing best practices and skills
- Broaden your content design expertise for docs
- Find out how to write UI text for common components
Technical writer turned content strategist
Senior Content Designers and Technical Writer
Sr. Content Designer at Atlassian
Take a look inside the course
Get personalized feedback on your assignments directly from working content designers
Complete a challenging, comprehensive final project where you’ll analyze and edit a complete software flow, from documentation all the way through to UI
Create a public student profile with a unique URL to verify your expertise and stand out to hiring managers
Walk away with a certification to back up your skills—one that hiring managers recognize and respect
Why choose UX Content Collective?
We are the global leader in UX writing and UX content design training for thousands of individual students and hundreds of teams. Our courses were created by content designers, for content designers. Our founders offer over 60 years of combined experience at Google, Intuit, and Amazon.
Contact Dhanushka (Customer Success Manager) with any questions about the course, team training, or anything else!
Payment plans up to 12 months
Payment options include credit card, PayPal, and bank transfer.
Affirm is available for students in the United States and Canada. For students in other countries, we offer plans over 4 or 6 months.
- Some knowledge of user experience design and methods
- Fluent English writing proficiency. If English isn’t your primary language, take this free test to assess your proficiency. Scores at C1 or above indicate readiness for the course.
- Some familiarity with UX terms and methods
- A Google account for sharing with instructors
- A computer with an updated Chrome browser
- A broadband internet connection