Launch global products people trust
Product Localization For UX
Enter the world of translation and localization to understand the impact of writing and design for global products. Learn best practices for managing UX localization projects.
- 100% online and self-paced
- Personal feedback from experts
- Learn Lokalise software
- Full price: US $650
Payment plans available, including Affirm.
Learn with the industry-standard localization tool
Create content that's prepped for translation
Learn to craft content that’s easier to translate and requires fewer post-translation resources.
Design for different cultures and languages
Help your product team enter new global markets without putting your user experience at risk.
Uncover what makes UX projects successful
Localization gives your product a true market advantage. Doing it right is critical for satisfied users.
Build a localization kit to hand off to providers
For companies without big localization teams, knowing how to set vendors up for success is key.
Get hands-on practice with localization tools
What topics are covered in this course?
- Why translation & localization are important
- Defining translation & localization
- Translation tools & processes
- UX writers & localization
- Setting up a localization strategy
- Defining the scope of the translation work
- Preparing a translation project plan
- Including localization in the design process
- Writing for translation
- Pairing with translators
- Working with a localization provider
- Creating a localization kit
- Managing translation projects in Lokalise
- Preparing for launch
- Managing translation quality
- Governing the global content lifecycle
- Assessing localization maturity
- Influencing at your organization
- Exploring team models
Who should take this course?
The Product Localization for UX course is perfect for:
- Working UX writers and content designers who want to learn more about this crucial skill
- UX writers and content designers working with translation and localization teams and want to learn more
- Anyone working in a software design team who want to learn more about this crucial skill
How long does this course take to complete?
The Product Localization for UX course typically takes about 20-30 hours to complete.
This course is designed to fit around your schedule. Lessons are available on-demand at any time. There is no live instruction, so you’re free to study whenever you have time.
What else do I get from the course?
We love supporting our student community, both inside and outside a course.
- Access to a community Slack, where you can speak with other students and members of the grading team
- Free admission to monthly Q&A sessions
- A personalized portfolio page with a unique URL that verifies which certificates you’ve received
- A spot in our certified UX writers’ directory
- Lifetime access to the course, including any future updates!
Why take this course?
Global products require essential translation and localization talent to achieve success—73% of people want content written in their own language*.
This course offers strategies and practical pointers for folks working in content interested in product localization. Both individual contributors and teams will walk away with applicable skills to bring to their next project.
Don’t just understand the theory, but apply what you learn in the course right away with hands-on practice in Lokalise. Showcase your new skills with a portfolio-ready project.
*All statistics on this page from CSA 2020 “Can’t Read, Won’t Buy” research
Self-paced learning with expert feedback along the way
Localization and UX writing coach
Take a look inside the course
Get personalized feedback on your assignments directly from working content designers
Complete a challenging final project in which you create a localization strategy, and implement a localization plan in Lokalise—the industry-standard tool for localization and translation
Create a public student profile with a unique URL to verify your expertise and stand out to hiring managers
Walk away with a certification to back up your skills—one that hiring managers recognize and respect
Why choose UX Content Collective?
We are the global leader in UX writing and UX content design training for thousands of individual students and hundreds of teams. Our courses were created by content designers, for content designers. Our founders offer over 60 years of combined experience at Google, Intuit, and Amazon.
Contact Dhanushka (Customer Success Manager) with any questions about the course, team training, or anything else!
Payment plans up to 12 months
Payment options include credit card, PayPal, and bank transfer.
Affirm is available for students in the United States and Canada. For students in other countries, we offer plans over 4 or 6 months.
- Some knowledge of user experience design and methods
- Fluent English writing proficiency. If English isn’t your primary language, take this free test to assess your proficiency. Scores at C1 or above indicate readiness for the course.
- Some familiarity with UX terms and methods
- A Google account for sharing with instructors
- A computer with an updated Chrome browser
- A broadband internet connection