All About Managing a Team
For team admins of UX Content Collective courses
Hi there! Welcome to UX Content Collective courses for teams. We’ll answer a few questions here, but please reach out if you’d like to talk in person (over video chat) or need more information. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
How do payments work for teams?
When signing up a team, you can pay directly on our website via credit/debit card, PayPal, or via bank transfer.
- If you pay by credit card or PayPal, you can immediately sign up your team and get started on the course.
- If your company is paying via bank transfer:
- Go all the way through checkout purchasing the number of seats required for your team. That creates your account and lets us know we should expect a payment for your team via bank transfer.
- You won’t be able to manage your team and assign seats until after we approve the purchase. We’ll do that asap—just drop us an email at email@example.com if we’re not fast enough. 🙂
What else should I do to get started?
At checkout, you’ll purchase the number of seats you need for your team. The next thing to do is assign those seats.
- Make sure you’re logged in. (Select the Log In link in the main menu of the UX Content Collective website.)
- Go to Course Dashboard, then head to the right sidebar. Select Manage Your Team.
- Select Users>Add multiple, then enter the names and email addresses of the students you want to enroll.
Our system will open student accounts for each email and enroll them in the course. We’ll also send a welcome email to each student explaining how to get started. The welcome email includes a temporary password so they can log in and start their course.
You don’t have to do anything else!
If you want to monitor the progress of your students or check out their work, you can use the Reports link in the Team Management dashboard. Our instructors will respond to students individually and will provide direct support as needed. If anyone has questions about the course, please ask them to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are there prerequisites for the courses?
Yes, there are a few.
- Students must be fluent in English, able to write with very rare grammar or spelling mistakes. (We aren’t qualified to teach in any other languages, and precise use of language is a requirement for the role, not just the course. Thanks for your understanding!)
- The courses require a lot of reading. We wanted to provide a ton of screenshots and examples, which made video formats difficult. That means students will need to enjoy learning by reading and then trying out what they’ve learned by writing for practice assignments.
- Students should have a some familiarity with user experience design (UX). Ideally, they would know what a wireframe is and know a bit about the software development process.
If your students don’t have any design knowledge, suggest that they do some research on Medium or take a short course in software design or UX before jumping into the UX Writing Fundamentals course. We do teach a lot of design concepts, but students will be more comfortable if they have some UX knowledge beforehand.
Need more help or have feedback for us?
Please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Thanks for joining the Collective!