Updated with new content for 2024!
The Content Design Career Course
This self-paced online course guides you through career development steps to help you plan, focus, and grow.
- Comes with a free Portfolio Review
- Instructional videos to guide your career
- Analyze your skills and make a career plan
- Learn critical strategies for interview challenges
- Full price: US $350
Payment plans available, including Affirm.
What topics are covered in this course?
- Evolving role expectations
- Job titles and responsibilities
- Levels of seniority
- Job hunting
- Let’s analyze some job postings
- Tying skills to your own experience
- An underrated job-hunting skill: resilience
- Keep track of your writing work
- How to write a case study
- How many case studies should you write?
- How to lay out your portfolio
- The phone call
- The design challenge
- The presentation and final interviews
- Thinking strategically
- Maintain a public profile
Who should take this course?
This course is made for content professionals of all kinds who want to ace interviews, examine which skills they should focus on next, and anyone who wants to improve their content design career:
- Existing UX writers and content designers
- New content design and UX writing professionals who want to create a career plan
- Senior UX writers and content designers who want to identify skills gaps
How long does this course take to complete?
Time estimates fall around 10-20 hours of study and practice work for this course depending on your speed. There are 4 units in the course. Each unit is broken down into a series of 3-5 lessons with follow-up quizzes, practice work, and a final project.
What else do I get from the course?
- Access to a community Slack, where you can speak with other students and members of the grading team
- Free admission to monthly Q&A sessions
- A personalized portfolio page with a unique URL that verifies which certificates you’ve received
- A spot in our certified UX writers’ directory
- Lifetime access to the course, including any future updates!
Why take this course?
As you move through the course, we’ll guide you through exercises to create a comprehensive career plan. You won’t just analyze your skills and how to improve, but we’ll also help you understand where you want to work, the type of people you want to work with, and the steps to get there.
Content design interviews are no joke, especially at large tech organizations. We’ll take you through practical examples—including videos and audio recordings—of the types of questions you’re likely to get. You’ll hear from experienced content design leaders on how to answer them.
Plus, we’ll show you how to put together a killer portfolio.
Take a look inside the course
Create a career plan as you move through the course, analyzing your skills and areas for development
Instructional videos that reinforce lesson concepts and provide priceless career guidance
Why choose UX Content Collective?
We are the global leader in UX writing and UX content design training for thousands of individual students and hundreds of teams. Our courses were created by content designers, for content designers. Our founders offer over 60 years of combined experience at Google, Intuit, and Amazon.
Contact Dhanushka (Customer Success Manager) with any questions about the course, team training, or anything else!
Payment plans up to 12 months
Payment options include credit card, PayPal, and bank transfer.
Affirm is available for students in the United States and Canada. For students in other countries, we offer plans over 4 or 6 months.
- Some knowledge of user experience design and methods
- Fluent English writing proficiency. If English isn’t your primary language, take this free test to assess your proficiency. Scores at C1 or above indicate readiness for the course.
- Some familiarity with UX terms and methods
- A Google account for sharing with instructors
- A computer with an updated Chrome browser
- A broadband internet connection