Learn to use the most popular UX design tool
Workshop: Intro to Figma for Content Designers
In this 2-hour session, you'll learn to handle text, manage layers, and collaborate like a pro.
January 19, Thursday
2:00 pm – 4:00 pm PST (UTC-8)
4:00 pm- 6:00 pm CST (UTC-6)
5:00 pm – 7:00 pm EST (UTC-5)
9:00 am – 11:00 am AEDT (UTC+11) (Friday, January 20)
Get notified when new sessions are added
Why take the Intro to Figma workshop?
In this hands-on workshop you'll learn to:
- Understand tools and panels for manipulating design elements
- Add, edit, and style text
- Create new frames, layers, and shape containers
- Add flare like drop shadows and borders
- Group elements to create simple components
- File sharing, commenting, and collaborating with coworkers
You'll leave with:
- A working knowledge of Figma
- A starter Figma file with fun, challenging exercises
- New pieces for your portfolio
- Confidence in your ability to keep up with your design team!
Get to know your instructor: Sammie Spector
Details for your session
The workshop includes 2 hours of instruction and exercises. It’s a pretty typical format, with lectures followed by breakout practice sessions.
At the end of the workshop, we’ll go through your practice work to share learnings and insights. The instructor will provide feedback and answer any questions you might have about anything we covered.
If you have more questions about workshops from UX Content Collective, please reach out to email@example.com.
Participants should download Figma and create an account ahead of the session. You’ll also need:
- A computer with the latest version of Chrome
- A second monitor is useful (but not required) so you can watch and practice at the same time
- A broadband internet connection
- Fluent English reading and writing proficiency
- Some familiarity with UX writing and methods
- A quiet space and a creative mind!