Create names that work for users and your team
Workshop: Naming Product Elements
In this 4-hour session, you'll work in Miro while learning how to think about naming elements, how to decide and finalize, and how to workshop new element names with your team.
Price: US $550
Sign up for a session
Get notified when new sessions are added
Why take the Naming Product Elements workshop?
In this hands-on workshop you'll learn to:
- Understand naming requirements thoroughly
- Brainstorm creative options for elements and features
- Weigh pros and cons to reach a consensus with your team
- Reach clarity about when—and if—your product feature or element needs a name at all
You'll leave with:
- A process and framework for naming that you’ll use again and again
- Confidence in your ability to decide what’s best for your product
- Success criteria for assessing product element names
- Knowledge in leading a naming workshop of your own
Get to know your instructor: Julia Steffen
👉High-level strategy, word-level execution, multi-disciplinary collaboration
🗣Talk to me about style guides, end-to-end product content, and taxonomy/IA
💪 I research, write jargon-free copy, and test. Then come the high fives.
📝 Published in your favorite publications (if your favorite publications are The New Yorker, McSweeney’s, and my 7th-grade diary)
⏳10+ years of making words do the hard work
Details for your session
The workshop includes 2 hours of instruction and exercises. It’s a pretty typical format, with lectures followed by breakout practice sessions.
At the end of the workshop, we’ll go through your practice work to share learnings and insights. The instructor will provide feedback and answer any questions you might have about anything we covered.
If you have more questions about workshops from UX Content Collective, please reach out to email@example.com.
Participants should download Figma and create a free account ahead of the session. You’ll also need:
- A computer with the latest version of Chrome
- A second monitor is useful (but not required) so you can watch and practice at the same time
- A broadband internet connection
- Fluent English reading and writing proficiency
- Some familiarity with UX writing and methods
- A quiet space and a creative mind!
Interested in training a larger team? Get in touch. We’d love to help.
If your team is small, fewer than 10 people, you can sign up for one of the sessions listed. If you’d like to schedule on a specific day or time for a larger team, 10 people or more, we can arrange that! Reach out and let us know what you need.