Create names that work for users and your team
Naming Product Features & Elements
In this 4-hour online workshop, you’ll work in Miro while learning how to think about naming elements, how to decide and finalize, and how to workshop new element names with your team.
Price: US $400
Payment plans available, including Affirm.
Sign up one person or a whole team
Wednesday, May 1
3:00 pm to 7:00 pm PDT (San Francisco)
5:00 pm to 9:00 pm CDT ( Chicago)
6:00 pm to 10:00 pm EDT (New York)
Thursday, May 2
7:00 am to 11 am JST (Tokyo)
8:00 am to 12:00 pm AEST (Sydney)
Get notified when new sessions are added.
Why take the Naming Product Features workshop?
You’ll learn how to...
- Understand naming requirements thoroughly
- Brainstorm creative options for elements and features
- Weigh pros and cons to reach a consensus with your team
- Reach clarity about when—and if—your product feature or element needs a name at all
You’ll leave with...
- A process and framework for naming that you’ll use again and again
- Confidence in your ability to decide what’s best for your product
- Success criteria for assessing product element names
- Knowledge in leading a naming workshop of your own
Get to know your instructor
Julia has 10+ years’ experience making words do the hard work. She conducts research, writes jargon-free copy, and tests (then come the high fives!). She’s an expert in:
- High-level strategy, word-level execution, multi-disciplinary collaboration
- Style guides, end-to-end product content, taxonomy & IA
Julia is published in The New Yorker and McSweeney’s.
Details for your session
The workshop includes 2 hours of instruction and exercises. It’s a pretty typical format, with lectures followed by breakout practice sessions.
At the end of the workshop, we’ll go through your practice work to share learnings and insights. The instructor will provide feedback and answer any questions you might have about anything we covered.
If you have more questions about workshops from UX Content Collective, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before the session, participants should create a free Miro account. You’ll also need:
- A computer with the latest version of Chrome
- A broadband internet connection
- Fluent English reading and writing proficiency
- Some familiarity with UX writing and methods
- A quiet space and a creative mind!
Interested in training a team of 10 or more? Get in touch. We’d love to help.
If your team is fewer than 10 people, you can sign up for one of the sessions listed. If you’d like to schedule on a specific day and time for a larger team of 10 or more, we can arrange that! Reach out and let us know what you need.